Lemon Drizzle Porridge
Serves 1 • Prep Time: 10 mins
- 2 cans jackfruit in water
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 large white or yellow onion (thinly sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp ground smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 red chili
- Rinse and drain jackfruit. Chop into smaller pieces. Rinse the jackfruit once more in a colander, drain, and thoroughly dry.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, add oil, onion, and garlic. Sauté for 4-5 minutes or until onions are golden brown and softened.
- Add jackfruit, salt, paprika, cumin, chili, coconut sugar (starting with 2 Tbsp // or less if making a smaller batch), water, and lime juice. Stir to coat and reduce heat to low – medium. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
- For finer texture, as your jackfruit is cooking, use two forks to shred the jackfruit as it cooks down.
- Once the jackfruit has been properly simmered, taste and adjust flavour as needed, adding more paprika or cumin for smokiness and coconut sugar or maple syrup for sweetness.
- Turn up heat to medium-high and cook for 2-3 more minutes to get a little extra colour/texture. Then remove from heat.